Opening a Shared Calendar Outlook 2011
This tutorial will teach you how to open another user's calendar. If you have been assigned as a delegate and given permission to view details, these will appear. Keep in mind that in Outlook 2011, you cannot access other people's free/busy times without having permission.
- Ensure that Calendar is selected from the Navigation Pane.
- From the Home tab of your calendar, choose Open Calendar.
- The Open a Shared Calendar dialogue will appear:
- Click the little address book icon on the right
- The Contact Search box will appear
- Search for the person whose calendar you would like to open.
- Click OK
- Their calendar will now appear on the left pane under Shared Calendars
- In Outlook 2011, your calendar and the delegated (shared) calendar are overlaid by default. There is no way to view the calendars side by side.
- You can uncheck your own calendar if you want to view only the shared calendar.
- Items on the shared calendar appear slightly shaded in light blue.
NOTE: If you do not have permissions to view someone's calendar (ie you're not their delegate and they haven't shared their calendar with you) then when you try to open it, a warning window will pop up.