Opening a Shared Calendar in Outlook 2010
This tutorial will teach you how to open another user's calendar. If you have been assigned as a delegate and given permission to view details, these will appear. Otherwise, the default free/busy information will be available.
- Ensure that Calendar is selected in the Navigation Pane
- From the Home tab of your calendar, in the Manage Calendars grouping select Open Calendar.
- Select Open Shared Calendar from the dropdown menu
- The Open a Shared Calendar dialogue will appear
- Enter the name of the person who has shared their calendar with you, or click the Name... button to add them from the GAL (Global Address List).
- Click OK
- The calendar screen will open
- You now have your calendar displayed and the calendar of the person who has granted you delegate status displayed beside it
- On the Navigation Pane you now have a Shared Calendars group with the delegated calendar
- You can close the shared calendar either by unchecking the calendar in the Navigation menu or clicking the X beside the Calendar name.
- When you close Outlook, the shared calendars will be saved for the next time.
- To delete the calendar from your Navigation menu, right mouse click on the shared calendar in the navigation menu and from the flyout menu select Delete Calendar
NOTE: You can follow the exact same steps for anyone in the GAL (not just those you have been assigned as a delegate for). Only their default free/busy times will appear if they have not specified otherwise