Queen's Email and Calendar for Staff, Faculty & Grad Students
In Spring 2012, all Queen's staff, faculty and graduate student accounts were migrated to a new, fully integrated email, calendar, tasks and contacts service using Microsoft Exchange Server. This migration was completed in June 2012.
This integrated service can be used with Microsoft Outlook as a client, or over the web using the Outlook Web App. It has many mobile-friendly features that offer a virtually seamless interface with Blackberry, iPhone and a number of other mobile devices.
- Faculty, staff, and graduate students are entitled to a Queen's Exchange Email and Calendar account.
Requesting a Queen's Exchange Email and Calendar Account:
- Faculty and staff, please contact your ITAdmin Rep or bring your staff card to the ITServices main office, Dupuis Hall, Room G13.
- forwarding, vacation messages, and rules (filters)
- personal contact, tasks and day events (notes)
- virtually seamless interface for numerous mobile devices
- user-friendly, feature-rich web interface
- calendars can be shared or delegated
- access to Queen’s Global Address List
- your.name email alias available for staff, faculty, and grad students
- spam and virus filtering (Barracuda) on the email server
- 5GB of storage at no cost
- additional storage available (see below)
- maximum message size of 12 MB
- maximum recipients for one message is 500
Requesting Additional Storage:
- Additional storage (above the default quota of 5GB) for your Exchange account can be purchased in increments of 1GB.
- See the Service Fees page for details on cost.
- Additional storage will be billed monthly via account code.
- To request additional storage, complete the form at https://www.queensu.ca/itrack/ITS/estorage.php
- Requests will be processed within the next business day and should be reflected in your account after processing is complete.
Guidelines for Management and Retention of Email:
Queen's University Guidelines for the Management & Retention of Email (PDF*, 86KB)
Accounts belonging to students who are no longer registered at Queen's University are terminated in March of each year.
Retired Employees and Emeritus Faculty
The account is kept as long as resources remain available to provide continued service to Queen's retirees. Accounts which have not been used in 6 months are deleted.
Termination of Employment by Employee
The account is deleted within one week and mail forwarding services are provided for a period of one year, if requested.
Termination of Employment by Queen's
The account is deleted within one week unless other arrangements have been requested by the department.
The account is deleted at the request of the ITAdmin Rep or Sponsor of the account. Accounts without a current Sponsor are suspended immediately and deleted in 6 months if no other arrangements are made.
In Case of Death
The account is kept for a period of six months and then deleted.
Help & Support
- Contact the IT Support Centre by calling 613.533.6666 during regular business hours or by filling out the online help form.
*PDF files can be read for free using Adobe Reader.