After an extensive evaluation of various student response systems, TurningPoint has been selected for use at Queen's University. The technology can be used to provide students in large classes with a more interactive learning experience: it enables instructors to integrate questions into PowerPoint Presentations, view student responses in real-time, and modify the lecture based on student feedback.
What you need to get started:
PowerPoint/Microsoft Office Suite (Mac or PC)
TurningPoint Radio Frequency (RF) Receiver
- Receiver The RF Receiver allows you to run an interactive TurningPoint/PowerPoint presentation.
- RF Receivers can be purchased through Campus Computer Sales and Service, Dupuis Hall, Room G25 (open weekdays, 9 am - 5 pm)
Clickers (Student Response Cards, or Key Pads)
- Students can purchase TurningPoint clickers through Campus Computer Sales and Service (CCSS), Dupuis Hall, Room G25 (open weekdays, 9 am - 5 pm) Note: The CCSS no longer stocks clickers. They can order them when requested.
- The Campus Bookstore sells TurningPoint clickers
- Clickers can be borrowed from the Centre for Teaching and Learning. See the web page for details
- The same clicker can be used in multiple courses.
- Each clicker has a six-digit hexadecimal identification number printed on the back below the bar code.
- Lithium batteries, model CR2032, are available at CCSS.
Turning Technologies System Requirements
Turning Technologies Downloads
Turning Technologies Support
Documentation on using Clickers with Queen's Moodle
Help & Support
For more help and support with using Clickers and Moodle, please refer to Queen's Moodle Documentation.
For all other support inquiries please contact the IT Support Centre.