Integrating Your Online Application with Queen's Secure ePayment Service
In order to successfully integrate a departmental website application with Chase Web SecurePay, programmers who understand how to create an online application for the purpose of selling a product or offering a service will be required. The programmers must have an understanding of how to make entries to a database from a web page, pass parameters programmatically to remote servers and subsequently accept a response. As well, basic knowledge of secure SSL transmissions HTTPS, and 128-bit encrypted browsers is necessary.
The basic flow of information is as follows:
- The department's website gathers all of the customer's order information, calculates the taxes, and produces a total amount.
- If the customer decides they wish to pay by credit card or Interac, the department's website will securely transmit details such as the total amount of the order, the invoice number of that order, and the correct department name, to the Chase Web SecurePay for authorization.
- The next page the customer receives is a secure page from the Chase Web SecurePay website, where they will enter in their credit card information.
- The Chase Web SecurePay server will securely transmit the payment information to the transaction processing institution. They will return an approval code or a declined code to the Queen's application website. If the credit card information is approved, the transaction processing institution will transfer the payment data to the financial institution's and departmental bank account.
- The Chase Web SecurePay website will produce a credit card transaction receipt, indicating to the customer if their information was approved or declined. At the same time, the department's website will receive a message indicating approval or rejection, thereby allowing the necessary completion of its delivery or cancellation of the order.
- After viewing the receipt, the customer is returned to the departmental website.
Integration of the departmental website with Chase Web SecurePay will take place over various stages, with ongoing testing at various points taking place to ensure the utmost security for all transactions that will occur.