Steps for Applying for Credit Card Payment Services
- Contact Samantha Emmons at Financial Services, to arrange for the electronic payment service. Please have the following information ready:
- The department or organization's full name and mailing address
- The department or organization's bank account information
- The name, phone number and email of the contact person
- The name, phone number and email of the head of your organization or department
- The URL of the website where the customer will be placing their orders
This information will be used to apply for a Chase account for your department or organization. The account allows you to legally do business on the Internet and take payments. Currently, the Queen's electronic payment service will only accept Visa, MasterCard and Interac Online. It may take a few weeks for your Chase account to be set up.
- Once your Chase Merchant account is created, Financial Services will notify Chase Paymentech, the payment processing company. This company is responsible for securely processing and reporting credit card transactions as well as ensuring your transactions end up in your bank account.
- Chase Paymentech will send your contact person a userid and password so that you may review the credit card transactions online on their website, download reports on your transactions and process refunds if necessary. The userid will be sent to your contact person via email, and then a Chase staff member will telephone the contact person and give them the password and details for accessing the payment information online.
- Please keep your IDs and passwords safe. Only distribute your ID’s to your website programmer, and do not share your information with others.
You will need the following to use this service:
- An online order form website
- An account with Chase
Once you have obtained these things as outlined in the steps above, you can proceed with the integration of your website with the credit card service pages, as outlined in the document Integrating Your Application with the Queen's Secure Credit Card Payment Service.