In the course of maintaining service facilities, ITServices will:
- House and maintain the hardware by providing power conditioning, cooling, humidity control, fire protection, and physical security protection for hardware
- Install, configure and maintain application and operating systems with patches
- Investigate suspected server-end problems and resolve as necessary
- Communicate, using the Notification process, service outages due to:
- Hardware failure and/or significant degradation
- Scheduled maintenance
- Implement automated mechanisms for daily backup of user data and system data that is stored on the servers
- Implement appropriate security mechanisms to reduce the impact of viruses, worms, hacker intrusion and other security threats or risks
- Install and maintain appropriate spam and virus abatement mechanisms in an effort to reduce the propagation of these within the University
- Coordinate response to security issues related to the service.
- Production changes will be communicated through the Notification process
- For some services, provide an Administrator, responsible for maintaining the software configuration of the server.