Please enable javascript to view this page in its intended format.

Queen's University

International Letter of Permission (ILOP)

What is an International Letter of Permission?

An International Letter of Permission (ILOP) allows you to study abroad with the assurance that you will be able to transfer your credits back to Queen's. It is required by Faculty of Arts and Science regulations for any undergraduate Arts and Science student studying abroad at another institution.  Students who are studying at the  Bader International Study Centre (BISC), or a Queen's departmental study abroad program which offers Queen's credits are NOT required to obtain an ILOP.  The application for an International Letter of Permission may be obtained from the International Programs Office or downloaded (PDF, 503KB).

Is it required?

It is essential that you apply for an ILOP prior to departure, so that we can approve your study abroad credit.

International Letter of Permission (503KB)

Please note that you can now pay for your ILOP online. A link to the payment site is embedded in the .pdf form above.

Do I need to get a transcript when applying for an International Letter of Permission?

Applicants for an International Letter of Permission are not required to obtain an official transcript from the Registrar's Office as the IPO office is able to access academic records for the application.

Kingston, Ontario, Canada. K7L 3N6. 613.533.2000