1. Asian Studies Summer School and Global Career Seminar
- Number of places: 20 students (4 from Mount Allison University, 6 from Queen’s University and 10 from the University of Toronto)
- Asian Studies Summer School (ASSS): ASSS is a 3-credit (equivalent to a 3.0 unit course at Queen's), Asian Studies Course with focus on Japan taught in English including an individual research project toward the end of the course, offered by Kwansei Gakuin University (in Japan), from 6th July to 31st July.
- Global Career Seminar (GCS):GCS is a 3-credit course (equivalent to a 3.0 unit course at Queen's), consisting of ten on-line and in-class sessions and a one-week collaborative research session at KGU, following the ASSS, from 1st August to 10th August. A total of 40 students from four universities will work together to analyze and solve real problems posed by industry representatives.
- Tuition fees: Queen’s University students will pay standard tuition fees to Queen’s for the courses taken through the KGU CCC, in accordance with fees that are posted on the Office of the University Registar website for Summer Term courses in 2013. Please visit http://www.queensu.ca/registrar/currentstudents/fees.html for details (approximately $190.20 per unit for domestic students).
- Accommodation: KGU will provide the participants with shared accommodation at no charge during the program. (Subject to the funding from the MEXT, see [‘Note’].)
- Scholarship: Participants from Canadian universities will receive a scholarship of ¥160,000 from the Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO). (Subject to the funding from the JASSO, see [‘Note’].)
- Other costs: Each participant will be responsible for return airfares, travel insurance, meals and any travel expenses during the program.