Please enable javascript to view this page in its intended format.

Queen's University

How to apply for exchange  

Arts and Science students have the opportunity to apply for the bilateral exchange program and the consortial exchange programs, providing that they meet the eligibility requirements. Why not have a couple irons in the fire to increase the possibility of going on exchange!  Here is some terminology and information to help distinguish the two types of exchanges that are available.

Please make sure you have looked at the eligibility criteria and our partner institutions before you apply!

Bilateral exchanges

  • Agreements between Queen's University and a partner university
  • May only be available to Arts and Science students OR it may be open to other faculties as well
  • Students apply for bilateral exchanges through their faculty international office (IPO for Arts and Science)
  • European universities in the Trans-Atlantic Science Student Exchange Program (TASSEP) is also considered part of the bilateral exchange program, however these exchange partners are ONLY open to science students 

Consortial (Multifaculty) exchanges

  • Agreements between selected groups of universities in different regions of the world (i.e. Ontario universities and universties in the province of Jiangsu in China)
  • Open to students from all faculties at Queen's
  • All students apply for consortial exchanges through the International Programs Office and files are reviewed by the faculty exchange coordinator for nomination
  • These exchanges may also be referred to as multifaculty exchanges
  • Some of the consortial exchange programs also have scholarship awards or travel stipends as part of the exchange

University of St Andrews

  • The University of St Andrews exchange is a bilateral exchange however it requires a separate application due to the scholarship award which is part of the exchange

Kingston, Ontario, Canada. K7L 3N6. 613.533.2000