Eligibility for exchange
- Must be enrolled full-time in second year* of a degree program in the Faculty of Arts and Science and be returning to Queen's to complete an honours degree
- Meet requirements of the exchange partner university regarding level of entry, term(s) of attendance and language competence where applicable
- For partner institutions where the language of instruction is not English, students should be comfortable in university-level classes and, in most cases, require at least a 200-level university-level language or its equivalent
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.6 or higher at the time of the application deadline (January); selected exchange partners require a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
*NOTE TO THIRD AND FOURTH YEAR STUDENTS:
Applications may also be accepted from third-year students who wish to spend a term abroad during their fourth year and from fourth-year students who wish to spend a term abroad during a fifth year of their program. Applicants currently in their third or fourth year should be aware, however, that:
- The application must be accompanied by written permission from their department(s) of concentration at Queen's to undertake an international exchange experience
- The application must contain a detailed plan of proposed study at the intended host university, recognizing that entry to fourth-year courses in their area(s) of concentration may not be possible
An exchange term abroad would normally not be permitted during the final term of their degree program at Queen's**
- Second-year applicants will normally be given priority**
**Exceptions can be made and require permission of the Vice-Provost (International).
NEXT: Selecting a partner institution for study