In order to recognize the contributions Queen's University receives from its supporters, the University has created both annual and lifetime Appreciation Societies.
Annual Appreciation Societies
Recognizing support over a single year
Donors are welcomed into Appreciation Societies based on their total annual gifts received during the fiscal year (beginning May 1, ending April 30)
Grant Hall Society
Recognizes supporters whose gifts during a single fiscal year total $1,000 or more. A first time contribution at each level is recognized with a distinctive Society pin.
- Limestone Level - recognizes donors whose gifts during a single fiscal year total between $1,000 and $4,999
- Sapphire Level - recognizes donors whose gifts during a single fiscal year total between $5,000 and $9,999
- Diamond Level - recognizes donors whose gifts during a single fiscal year total $10,000 or more.
Grant Hall Society Events: Celebrating your generosity
Grant Hall Society members, along with those belonging to the Lifetime Circles of Distinction and the Royal Legacy Society, are invited back to campus annually for a celebration with fellow donors and the Principal. Regional donor events are also held in some areas.
The Grant Hall Society "World Café" will be held in Kingston on
Saturday, October 5, 2013.
Recognizes donors whose gifts during a single fiscal year total between $500 and $999.
Royal Charter Society
Recognizes donors whose gifts during a single fiscal year total between $250 and $499.
Cha Gheill Society
Recognizes current students and graduates whose first Queen's degree was earned within the past five years, and whose gifts during a single fiscal year total between $100 and $249.
Lifetime Circles of Distinction
The Circles of Distinction of Queen's University were created in May 2002 to acknowledge supporters with lifetime cumulative gifts totalling $10,000 or more. Each year, eligible contributors are welcomed into the Circles of Distinction based on the total of their lifetime contributions.
- Principal's Circle: $10,000 to $49,999
- Chancellor's Circle: $50,000 to $99,999
- Gaels Lifetime Circle: $100,000 to $499,999
- 1841 Circle: $500,000 to $999,999
- Tricolour Circle: $1 million to $4,999,999
- Kingston Circle: $5 million to 9,999,999
- Ceilidh Circle: $10 million to $19,999,999
- Founders Circle: $20 million or more
Supporters belonging to the six highest levels of distinction are eligible to have their names permanently inscribed on Queen's Benefactors Wall.
Learn more about the Benefactors Wall