Please enable javascript to view this page in its intended format.

Queen's University

Property Insurance

The University's basic insurance policy covering damage to university property targets large losses (i.e., over $100,000).

Queen's does have a self-insurance program for losses below $100,000 (actual replacement cost only, for goods of similar make or comparable performance), but there is a $1,000 deductible that, according to university policy, must be paid out of a department's own resources.

The deductible may be waived, however, if there are signs of "forcible entry" in the case of theft, or if the damage is the result of a flood or fire - i.e., circumstances beyond the control of departmental personnel.

Contact the Catherine Hagerman, Insurance/Risk Management in the office of the Vice Principal (Finance and Administration) at (613) 533-6000 Ext: 74322 should you have a claim.

Queen's Human Resources
Fleming Hall, Stewart-Pollock Wing
Kingston, Ontario, Canada. K7L 3N6.
T: 613.533.2070 | F: 613.533.6196