There are many community organizations and resources that can increase the independence of seniors. Most are available to seniors whether they are living with or without a caregiver. A number of home support programs are available for those who need assistance to remain in their home. These include services such as the following:
from Community Resources for Caregivers of Seniors, KFLA Community Care Access Centre.
| Phone: 613-549-0833
|Address:||24 Gibson Avenue
|Description:||Bahay CAREgiver Services is dedicated to helping families that want to provide their mother or father with the enjoyment, freedom and security of living in their own home. We specialize in providing full-time live-in caregivers to care for elderly persons under the Federal Government's Live-in Caregiver Program. Live-in Caregivers provide multiple services including companionship, assistance with daily living, cooking, cleaning, general errands, non-medical and many other services. For more information, please contact us.|
| Phone:(613) 453-7668
|Address:||142 Joseph St
|Application:||No Application Needed.|
|Description:||A privately-owned, home-based business offers support services to seniors' to help them to keep an easier, more independent lifestyle through assistance with activities of daily living.|
| Phone: 1-800-668-2642
|Address:||700 Montreal Road.
|Description:||For seniors who want to continue to live independently and want to improve safety in their homes, Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) offers these programs.
• The Home Adaptation for Seniors' Independence Program helps homeowners and landlords pay for minor home adaptations (e.g. handrails, grab bars) that will allow low income seniors to stay longer in their own homes.
• The Emergency Repair Program helps low-income homeowners or occupants in rural and remote areas make emergency repairs to their houses to keep their home safe.
• The Residential Rehabilitation Assistance Program helps low income homeowners pay for repairs necessary to bring their properties up to minimum health and safety standards.
For more information on any of the programs please call the number listed above or visit the CMHC Website.
| Phone: 613-549-0112 or
|Address:||786 Blackburn Mews
|Description:||ParaMed provides complete and professional home health care services with an uncommon commitment to personalized planning and conscientious care. They can deliver and support all at-home health care requirements-from short-term recovery plans to complex, extended and long-term programs. Call for more information.|
| Phone: 613-531-0931
|Address:||993 Princess Street Suite 217
|Description:||Premier Homecare Services provides non medical in home care to allow seniors to remain independent in their own homes for as long as possible. Premier Homecare seeks to improve the quality of senior life through dependable, caring service and thereby protects the dignity of seniors.
Premier Homecare Services offers a vast array of services including: palliative and respite care, Alzheimer and dementia care, housekeeping and laundry, mail preparation, transportation to appointments, home safety evaluations, preparing and cooking fresh meals, grooming assistance, and medication reminders. For a complete list of services call Premier Homecare Services or visit their website.
|Address:||29 Churchill St
|Description:||Roving Dental Hygiene is a mobile dental hygiene practice that comes into the homes of patients who are unable to access traditional dental clinics. A local hygienist joins your health care team and provides a vital link between oral health and quality of life. Each patient will be individually assessed for their oral health. A treatment plan will be created that best reflects the stabilization of oral gum disease. Referrals to dentists and denturists are facilitated. Strict infection control protocols are adhered to. Insurance plans are accepted and fees are in accordance with the Ontario Dental Hygienist Fee Guide.|
| Phone: 613-530-3400
|Address:||1471 John Counter Boulevard Suite 410
|Application:||Through the Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox & Addington Community Care Access Centre. Those not covered by the CCAC should contact the office directly.|
|Description:||Provides in-home nursing, personal and home support services.|
| Phone: 613-548-7810
|Address:||56 Francis Street
|Description:||The Seniors Association offers seniors a variety of lifestyle services that promote healthy living. A few of the services include:
| Phone: 613-634-0130
|Address:||737 Arlington Park Place
|Description:||Provides assistance to Canadians when and where they need them. Services include:
• Foot Care Program offers in a clinical setting or in the privacy of your own home foot care throughout the KFL&A area.
• Wellness Clinics provided throughout the KFL&A area. Include, but are not limited to, glucose testing, cholesterol testing, smoking cessation and blood pressure testing.
• SMART - Seniors Managing Active Roles Together Program offers an exercise program designed for older adults and those with physical challenges in a comfortable environment.
• C.A.R.E. - Community Assisted Respite Enrichment Program is to provide respite to caregivers.
• Transportation Services Program is to provide individuals access to transportation for medical, social and personal needs within the Kingston area.
• Meals on Wheels Program provides hot and/or frozen meals to the residents of Kingston.
• Private Contact Services for individuals needing private nursing, home support, and homemaking.
• Flu Clinics to administer the flu shot as recommended by the Ministry of Health.