Payroll Services is primarily responsible for processing 3 separate payroll groups (approximately 8000 employees) while adhering to Employment Standards Act 2000 (ESA), The Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA) and 10 Collective Agreements. Payroll groups include Monthly paid employees, bi-weekly CUPE 229 paid employees, and bi-weekly Casual employees.
Other tasks include monthly reconciliation of payroll-related deductions & corresponding payments to 3rd party vendors (various unions, Queen’s Pension Plan, GWL, CRA, EHT, WSIB, RESP, United Way, and CSB).
Emergency or off cycle cheques are processed on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The initial request for an off cycle cheque is done via Client Services, Human Resources. Please see the policies tab of the Financial Services website for more details.
The main responsibilities of Payroll Services include:
- Issuance of Records of Employment (ROE)
- Banking & Tax form (TD 1& TD1-ON) updates
- Garnishment administration
- Overpayment calculations and corresponding employee billings & collections
- Retro, SUB Plan and late hire calculations & additional payments
- Service Provider deduction uploads (ARC, Parking, Micro loan, Advancement)
- PeopleSoft HCM payroll maintenance, testing and reporting
- Payroll-related analysis & reporting of Annual Charities, Fiscal Salary & Benefits and departmental GL issues
- Employee UHIP administration
- External Audits (CRA, EHT, WSIB)
- Annual CRA reporting of T4 & T4A for employees
- Coordination of Queen's T4A Box 105 for Student Awards, Graduate Research Assistants (GRA)and Student Tuition Payments
|Christina Blanchard||Associate Director, Payrollfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Kaitlin Beaver||Payroll Administrator (M-Z)||email@example.com|
|Michelle McFadzen||Payroll Coordinatorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Rebecca McLaren||Rebecca McLaren (A-L)||email@example.com|
|Laura Pollock||Manager, Payroll Administrationfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Caleigh Wash||Payroll Coordinatoremail@example.com|
How can we help you...
- Request a Social Insurance Number from Human Resources and Skills Development Canada?
- Change your banking information?
- Change your MyHR self-service banking information?
- Find salary payment information?
- Request a copy of your Tax Slip?
- Find Monthly Cut-Off Rules?
- View your Record of Employment?
- Understanding your Pay Advice Slip?