Dr Yaël Schlick
Office: Watson 533
Office Hours: Wed. 1:00–2:00 pm and by appointment
Travel writing, autobiography, and American poetry.
- “Writing Wonder: Elizabeth Bishop’s Ethics of Perception,” Environmental Ethics (forthcoming).
- “What Is an Experience? Selves and Texts in the Comics Autobiographies of Alison Bechdel and Lynda Barry,” Drawing from Life: Memory and Subjectivity in Comic Art, ed. Jane Tolmie (University Press of Mississippi, 2013): 26–43.
- Feminism and the Politics of Travel After the Enlightenment (Bucknell University Press, 2012).
- “Travel as Praxis: Suzanne Voilquin and the Saint-Simonian ‘Call to the Woman,’ ” European Romantic Review 21.6 (2010): 693-710.
- Refiguring the Coquette: Essays on Coquetry and Culture, co-edited with Shelley King (Bucknell University Press, 2008).
I’m currently researching modern and contemporary travel narratives and art work about Antarctica, examining the legacy of the “Heroic Age” of exploration of this southernmost continent.