Newman House, located at 192 Frontenac Street, is the centre of the university's Roman Catholic campus ministry. A full-time chaplain and campus missionaries coordinate a variety of events and faith studies for developing leadership in faith for Catholic students and their friends.
Founded as the Newman Club by 30 Catholic Queen's students in 1917, the centre used to be one of dozens of Newman Houses on campuses across North America, although many of these have now abandoned the old name. They were named for John Henry Newman, a prominent Anglican clergyman and Oxford academic whose conversion to Catholicism in 1845 was widely publicized and discussed in Victorian England.
Learn more about Newman House...