Please enable javascript to view this page in its intended format.

Queen's University
 

Queen's Encyclopedia

Adelaide Hall

[photo of Adelaide Hall]

Completed in 1952, this building is the second oldest residence on campus. It is located at the corner of University Avenue and Stuart Street.

Adelaide Hall was made possible by a gift from Adelaide McLaughlin, the wife of R.S. McLaughlin, who was President of General Motors of Canada and a generous benefactor of Queen's University.

The building was erected because of the urgent need for a new women's residence; for thirty years the only residence on campus had been Ban Righ Hall and there were nowhere near enough places for all applicants.

Adelaide Hall still serves as a women-only residence. It was built to connect with Ban Righ Hall and is faced with Queenston limestone.

Learn more about Adelaide Hall...

Kingston, Ontario, Canada. K7L 3N6. 613.533.2000