The Community Housing Office provides this service to students and faculty members seeking houses or apartments to rent, both University-owned properties and apartments and houses owned by local landlords.
The university first started providing this service in 1945, after a booming war industry and a swelling military establishment in Kingston had created an acute shortage of housing for students.
In those early years, the service provided students with lists of boardinghouses, then the preferred form of student accommodation. In 1945, Queen's had only one residence, Ban Righ Hall, which housed a few hundred women and few students of either sex shared whole houses or apartments as they do today.
Learn more about the Accommodation Listing Service...