- Register for DEV 410 / 420*
- Complete Assignment #1
- Complete Assignment #2
- Attend Pre-Departure Orientation
- Review the Off-Campus Activity Safety Policy (OCASP) and Complete “Form 1”.
- Ensure all pre-departure activities are completed.
- Make sure you are mentally prepared for your journey.
- Set out your goals and do the self-audit in the pre-departure workbook.
- Read the pre-departure workbook, complete all checklists and exercises.
- Obtain passport and appropriate visa(s), if necessary.
- Record credit card, passport, health insurance, telephone numbers somewhere safe.
- Leave one photocopy of important documents with someone responsible at home.
- Arrange to vote in any upcoming election.
- Discuss safety and emergency contact procedures with your family
- Arrange for Power of Attorney for the person handling your affairs in your absence.
- Notify the Registrar’s office of your re-admittance plans.
- Complete OSAP application for next year (available online at osap.gov.on.ca/eng/eng_osap_main.html)
- Register personal items with Canada Customs.
- Arrange to have any campus mail sent to your home address. On QCARD, change your Mail Address to your Home Address.
- Get a web-based free e-mail address.
- Notify your provincial health plan of the dates that you will be out of the country**** Buy a supplementary health insurance that covers international travel.
- Complete Workplace Insurance form, leave copy with Development Office and return immediately with employer/host institution signature
- Prepare and sign contract
- Keep journal
- Have employer/host organization complete the evaluation and return it to the Development Studies Office.
- Complete Final Report
- Complete OCASP Post Activity Incident Form
- Hand in Journal
**** NOTE– if you are away for longer than 6 months, you may have to contact your provincial health plan to arrange for
View the Participant Checklist (31KB)