Please enable javascript to view this page in its intended format.

Queen's University

DEVS Graduate Program Frequently Asked Questions

Q:  I am a permanent resident of Canada who grew up and was educated in a country where English is not the native language. Am I required to take TOEFL or IELTS English language competency testing as part of my application to the MA Program?

A: If you are a permanent resident of Canada or a Canadian citizen, you are exempt from the English language testing requirement.


Q:  I am an international student whose native language is not English, but I have studied at an English language university.  Can I be granted an exemption from the English language testing requirement?

A:  It is the School of Graduate Studies, not the Department, that considers English language testing exemption requests on a case by case basis.  Please apply to the Director of Admissions of the School of Graduate Studies, giving details of your university-level studies in English, with dates.


Q:  What is the address to which I should have official transcripts sent?

A:  Transcripts (two copies) sent from the issuing university should be mailed to:


School of Graduate Studies
Queen's University
Gordon Hall Room 425
74 Union Street
Kingston, Ontario
Canada K7L 2N8

Kingston, Ontario, Canada. K7L 3N6. 613.533.2000