CLST 305 - Archaeology of the Etruscans and Early Romans (F)
This survey of the material remains of early Italy will focus on the early Iron Age, Etruscan, and Roman (Regal and Republican) cultures. Each culture’s art, architecture, urban patterns, and burial practices will be investigated in terms of the changing political and social conditions affecting those societies.
- Midterm examination: 35% of term grade (consisting of terms/names, image identifications, and image comparisons;)
- Final Exam: 40% of term grade (consisting of terms/names, image identifications, and image comparisons)
- Research Paper: 25% of term grade
- Boëthius, Axel. Etruscan and Early Roman Architecture, 2nd ed. Yale University Press, 1978.
- Spivey, Nigel. Etruscan Art. New York, NY: Thames and Hudson, 1997.
INSTRUCTOR: Dr. Barbara Reeves
PREREQUISITE: (CLST 102/3.0 and CLST 103/3.0) or CLST 101/6.0 or CLST 129/6.0 or CLST 201/3.0, or permission of the Department.