Secure Certificates (SSL)
Entrust Certificate Management streamlines the procurement and administration of web server certificates.
- Generate a new Certificate Signing Request (CSR) on your Web Server. How to generate a CSR.
- Click this link to submit a CSR and request the SSL certificate.
How to Install Your Entrust SSL Certificate
You must install your Entrust SSL Certificate obtained from the Information Systems Security office to provide secure access to your web server.
Follow these steps:
- Open a text editor.
- Select the Entrust SSL Certificate in your Web browser (including the "----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----" and "-----END CERTIFICATE-----" lines).
- Paste the Certificate into the text editor and save it as a file. If you are installing the certificate in a Microsoft Windows-based Web server the filename should have the extension .crt or .cer (for example, "entrustcert.crt"). Otherwise use the default file extension.
- Make a backup of the Entrust SSL Certificate file on some form of removable (for instance, on a floppy disk) and store the backup in a secure location.
- Close the text editor.
- Install the certificate as described in your server's documentation or consult our Webserver Support pages for assistance.
- Enable SSL in your Web server as described in your server's documentation.
Please contact the Information Systems Security Office.