Where there is any risk that data, especially personal or confidential information, may be accessible by unauthorized individuals, lost or intercepted, the data should be encrypted.
Examples include data:
- stored on a computer connected to the Internet;
- stored on a computer used by multiple people or accessible by passers-by;
- stored on a laptop computer, PDA or smart-phone that is carried out of a secure area;
- stored on a USB key/drive, CD or DVD that is carried out of a secure area;
- sent as an attachment to an e-mail message; and
- transmitted over an unsecure wireless network.
Additional Information Links
Help & Support
Please contact the IT Support Centre by calling 613-533-6666 during regular business hours or by filling out the online help form.