Project Portfolio Office
The Project Portfolio Office (PPO) provides leadership and proactively advances University-wide project coordination, project management development, project quality standards, project risk mitigation and support for Information Technology Governance and Management.
The PPO strives to ensure adopted project management standards and practices are applied consistently and effectively across the projects portfolio. Direct support, advisory assistance and training will be provided to elevate project management competencies and overall effectiveness.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Direct the coordination, prioritization and risk mitigation of the projects portfolio as approved by IT Governance.
- Support the practice of project management within Queen's Information Technology Services and other business units engaged with the Project Portfolio Office in the delivery of project activities.
- Enrich the experience of project participants, stakeholders and governance through engaged and informed support for project efforts.
- Advise business owners, risk management, executives and governance committees on status, risk and budget elements of the projects portfolio.
- Advance the standardization and adoption of formal project management tools, processes and methodologies.
- Foster a shared project management culture and supportive environment.
Three Areas of Focus in 2014-2015
- Maintain the Project Portfolio Dashboard
Review portfolio with IT Governance
- Increase transparency and visibility of the entire enterprise portfolio
- Support a methodology for portfolio prioritization by IT Governance
- Advance enterprise-wide standards and practices
- Serve as a resource for project templates and materials
- Provide advisory consulting and support for business and practice owners as needed
- Confirm our project risk assessments framework
- Provide regular updates on project status and risks to Governance and Management