Information Services and Technologies - Student Advisory Committee
To serve as an Advisory Committee for Information Services and Technology at Queen's, and be part of the larger campus governance structure for Information Technology and Services. The group will focus on matters dealing with information technology programs and services specifically related to students. The core deliverable for the group will be to provide a yearly report to the ITServices Management Team and other senior management groups on campus that outlines the student perspective on existing campus information services and technologies.
- Provide a forum for effective dialogue between students and the IT programs/service providers on campus.
- Annually review IT-related programs and services used by students on campus.
- Assess and recommend any changes or additions to programs/services for the future.
- Submit an annual report including the review and recommendations of ISAT-SAC.
- Upon request, provide feedback on new or potential services and technologies.
- Alma Mater Society (AMS) (2)
- Society of Graduate and Professional Students (SGPS) (1)
- Arts and Science Undergraduate Society (ASUS) (1)
- Engineering Society (EngSoc) (1)
- Aesculapian Society (1)
- Queen’s Commerce Society (ComSoc) (1)
- Nursing Student Society (1)
- MBA Students’ Society (1)
- Physical and Health Education and Kinesiology Students’ Association (1)
- Concurrent Education Students’ Association (1)
- Computing Students’ Association (1)
- Student Senate (1)
- Main Campus Residents’ Council (1)
- ITServices (2)
- Campus IT Staff Member at Large (1)
- Library Information Technology Services (ITS) staff member (1)
- Meetings will be convened monthly, when possible, during the Fall and Winter semesters. Dates for future meetings will be established at the beginning of each semester.
- A quorum shall at all times consist of a majority of the members. All questions shall be resolved by a simple majority of the members present.
- Minutes will be taken by a staff member of ITS at all meetings and will include a summary of the major issues discussed. These will be posted on the web and used to help develop the final report.