Apply to be a BISC Mentor!
Interested in helping BISC first year alumni transition to their second year of university at the Queen's Kingston campus? Then you should apply to be a BISC Mentor!
What is a BISC Mentor?
The Bader International Study Centre (BISC) Mentors are a select group of student leaders who attended the BISC in their first year of undergraduate studies and have completed their second year of undergraduate studies at Queen’s University’s Kingston campus. Working closely with the BISC Admission Office at Queen’s and with Student Services at the BISC they will help ease the transition from first year at the BISC to second year on the Kingston campus, by providing support for returning BISC students and creating safe social environments to help returning BISC students integrate into the Queen’s community.
- 14th January 2014: Applications OPEN
- 28th January 2014: Application Deadline
- 4th-7th February 2014: Interviews
- 12th February 2014: Offers made to successful Mentors
- March 2014 (TBD): Pre-training
- 28th August-1st September 2014: Training (dates are subject to change)
- 2nd September 2014: “Welcome to Queen’s”
- 3rd-6th September 2014: ASUS/BISC Orientation
- Mid-September 2014: BISC-Queen’s Pen Pal Meet & Greet
Interested in learning more? Check out BISC Buddy Mentorship Program for more information and read the application for a detailed description of the position.