Over 7,000 students have passed through the Castle gates in the BISC’s twenty-year existence. In many cases, they began their paths to global careers in our first-year program, and have built on this unique foundation through exchange opportunities and internships available as upper-year students via Queen’s. Global rotation prior to graduation opened doors for many BISC alumni to graduate school at top international universities, or first positions at global enterprises.
Today, “Castle kids” as they often refer to themselves, are spread around the world in positions of management, analysis and research. Many have received their Ph.D. and are teaching others; some are in finance in the City of London; others running global businesses in Vancouver or Shanghai.
This vibrant network of BISC alumni continue to provide a valuable global network for current BISC students: participating in “Career Evenings” to talk about how to shape their choices; skyping with students about first-job or internship opportunities; serving as advisors to the BISC in shaping the program to be as cutting edge as possible.
The BISC Alumni Network is a powerful component of what the BISC has become: a globally connected academic community of movers and shakers on the world stage.
Our goals for the BISC Alumni Network include:
- creating opportunities for you to stay in touch with others who have experienced the transformational experience of the Castle
- organizing reunions and other events for face-to-face interaction
- providing a forum for your advice
- input and expertise for developmental projects for the BISC
- supporting the networking with one another and with current students in both professional and personal ways
- to identify opportunities for alumni to support projects here on campus and beyond
If you have not yet added your details to the Network, please update your Queen's profile.
If you want to talk to somebody about what the network might be able to do for you or ways in which you can contribute to the network, please contact Rachel Smith, our Alumni Project Coordinator, via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also join our official BISC Facebook group, follow us on Twitter and join our network on LinkedIn.