It is hard to believe that it has been 50 years since we graduated from Queen’s! So let’s go back to Kingston and reconnect with each other in that very special place!
Please save the weekend of October 17-19, 2014 to celebrate our milestone reunion at Homecoming. We are now part of what Queen’s calls “The Tricolour Guard” – for grads from fifty years ago and longer. This gives us very special status!
There are a variety of University events being developed:
• Tricolour Guard-specific events, which include a 50-year medal, a class photo, Saturday dinner and reception, and bus service to shuttle us from the downtown hotel area to campus. Football tickets and other event options will be available when you register as well.
More details, as well as registration and cost information will be in the next emailing and on our class website.
• Queen’s School of Business events. As always, QSB will host an annual brunch on the morning of Saturday, October 18th, before the football game. More details to follow!
• Networking opportunities for students and alumni
• Kingston community events
• Much more - visit the Homecoming Website at www.queensu.ca/homecoming2014 often for information and for details on how to register online beginning in late April!
In addition to the Queen’s-planned activities, your Reunion committee is working on some class-specific events of our own.
• As in past reunions, your Classes of ’64 Reunion Planning Committee is a combined one, with representatives from the following classes of ’64 – Commerce, Science, Arts & Science, and PhysEd.
• Our Friday evening gathering venue will be at the Holiday Inn Kingston Waterfront, where all grads and guests of these classes can get together, reconnect and exchange stories – real or otherwise.
• The Arts & Commerce ’64 banner is ready for our march during half-time at the football game.
• Plans are under way for a special Com’64 gathering on Sunday, October 19th.
So what do you need to do?
1. Book your accommodation. A block of rooms has been reserved for the Tricolour Guard at The Holiday Inn Kingston Waterfront. You can reserve your accommodation by phone at 1-613-549-8400 (ask for Reservations) or by email. Contact the Reunions Office or refer to your most recent Com'64 email for booking code information before you contact the hotel. Please note that the hotel does NOT have a separate group of rooms for our class, so book early to be in the same hotel as the rest of us. Availability is first-come-first-served, so be sure to make your reservations now.
2. Email us to let us know if you are planning to attend. The sooner we know how many people to expect (including guests), the better our weekend will be! Any ideas for Commerce ’64 activities can be sent there as well.
3. Keep visiting this Com’64 Website for updates of our plans, and information on how to register for the weekend.
4. Make sure the University has your preferred email address. If you received a Canada Post mailing, please help us save trees. Click on the link upper right, to email Queen’s your preferred email address. Other address updates or mail preferences can be made through the same email.
5. Consider giving back to the Queen’s School of Business. It has become a tradition for the class having its 50th anniversary to assemble a class gift for the School of Business. To celebrate our milestone anniversary, we will be working together to continue to grow our BCom'64 Endowment Fund. The current balance of our fund as of April 30th, 2013 was just over $169,000 and we were able to disburse $6,450! Last year, our fund was able to support the Commerce '64 Fellow of Managerial Economics, that was awarded to Jean-Etienne de Bettignies. We hope that you start thinking about this as an option of one of your philanthropic priorities for 2014! Our QSB Class Giving Coordinators are Milt Hess and Wayne Musselman. You can make your donation online even now, as our secure class giving webpage is live!
Our next Com ’64 Reunion emailing/mailing will be out to you in April/May. It will provide you with instructions about how to register online for the special Tricolour Guard events and will include more details about our class reunion plans.
Share with us what has been happening in your life since graduating from Queen's University. Email your memories to us and we will post them to this site.
We want you to share your class and reunion event photos. Please email your photos to us and we will post them to your class Flickr gallery.
If you would like to make suggestions/edits to the site, please contact Kathryn Vilela.