|Please save the weekend of October 17-19, 2014 for our milestone reunion at Homecoming. We are now part of what Queen's calls "The Tricolour Guard" - for grads from fifty years ago and longer. This gives us very special status!|
Our goal is to have as many of our classmates return to campus for this special Reunion as possible. We have heard from many of you and hope more will plan to come. This is fantastic!
• Tricolour Guard-specific events , which include a 50-year medal, Saturday dinner and reception, and bus service to shuttle us from the downtown hotel area to campus. Football tickets and other event options will be available when you register.
• Arts & Scien ce/PHE '64 events (see the table below)
• Much more – visit the Homecoming Website often for information and for details on how to register online!
|Evening Meet & Greet||Fri, Oct, 17||7 PM to Midnight||
Island View Ballroom at the
Holiday Inn Kingston
Combined classes of '64
Cash Bar and finger food
Tour of Isabel Bader Centre for the Performing Arts
|Sat, Oct 18||11 AM||
Isabel Bader Centre
(King Street, just west of Main Campus)
|This tour is self-guiding|
||Sat, Oct 18||1 PM||Richardson Stadium||
Tickets are purchased as part of your Tricolour Guard Registration and picked up when you check in at Grant Hall
The Arts & Commerce ’64 banner is ready for our march during half-time at the football game!
||Sat, Oct 18||Before TCG Reception and Dinner||Details to follow!|
|Tricolour Guard Reception and Dinner||Sat, Oct 18||6 PM-10 PM||Ban Righ Hall||
Dinner with the Principal, Chancellor, and all the other classes who have graduated 50 years ago or earlier
Tickets are purchased as part of your Tricolour Guard Registration
Note - we will not be having a separate Saturday dinner of our own
Some additional registration information for you:
• Your weekend Tricolour Guard package can be built by selecting from a number of components. There is a Base package including photo nametag, class photos, 50-Year pin and shuttle bus service. To that you can add components.
• Saturday Tricolour Reception and Dinner. If you do not enter anything as your seating preference for the dinner you will be placed with other Arts & Sci/PHE ’64 classmates at a table for eight. If you wish to set up a specific table of eight, then select one name as your group head and each person registering, insert that name as your seating preference.
• Maiden name on Nametag. For the ladies, maiden names are important on your nametag. So, be sure to put your maiden name (in brackets) with your married name when registering.
• Order your football tickets - don't miss out!
2. Accommodation. Unfortunately, all the hotel blocks that had been held by Alumni Relations have been filled. However, you can check this Kingston Hotels map link for potential options for hotels, motels, and inns in and around Kingston. Book as soon as possible.
Keep in mind that, usually a month before Homecoming, the blocks that have been set aside for any groups will expire and be made available to the public to book on an individual, room-by-room basis. We definitely encourage you to book a room somewhere as early as possible, but remember also that you can call hotels that might have been higher on your preferred-list on September 17 to see if there are any rooms that are available.
3. Email us to let us know if you are planning to attend. The sooner we know how many people to expect (including guests), the better our weekend will be! Any ideas for Arts & Science/PHE ’64 activities can be sent there as well.
4. Keep visiting this Arts & Science/PHE ’64 website for updates of our plans, and information on how to register for the weekend.
5. Make sure the University has your preferred email address. If you received a Canada Post mailing, Queen’s does not have your email address. Email Queen’s your preferred email address; other address updates or mail preferences can be made through the same email.
6. Consider giving back to Queen’s. As you will recall we established an Arts & Science/PHE fund in 2009 to support the Isabel Bader Centre for the Performing Arts. Our goal was to raise $50,000 by 2014 to commemorate the 50th anniversary of our graduation. The current balance of our fund as of May 28 th is $29,735. Follow this link to donate or phone 800-267-7837 or 613-533-2060. Our Class Giving Coordinators are Jane Clapp, Anne Carter and Carol Heeney.
7. Help us find our missing classmates! Please click on the link upper right, for a list of classmates who have fallen out of touch. If you are in contact with them, please have them use the links on this website to connect with the class and with Queen’s Records.
• By now, you should have received two mailings. If Queen’s had your email address, you received it by email. If not, it was mailed Canada Post. Unfortunately, a few of you were missed. So you will have to act quickly to get accommodation AND please confirm your contact information with Queen’s.
• Because we are now Tricolour Guard, our official Registration is through Queen’s this year (click on the Register button above). But your committee needs to know what you are planning, too. So, if you haven’t checked in with us already, please email one of the committee shown above.
• Keep up-to-date with our plans by checking this Arts & Sci/PHE ’64 website. You are also welcome to email any of us. Our phone numbers are also on your 2nd mailing.
• Final Reunion communication will be in September, by email only.
Faculty of Arts 1964 Class Directory – Your Personal Update
In the years since we graduated, Jane Clapp, our class librarian, has maintained a unique Directory of all the 1964 graduates of the Faculty of Arts including Commerce. There is a separate page for each of you with your grad photo on it. Updates have been applied to your page as you have sent them to us. This leather-bound book is brought to each reunion so that those in attendance can look up current and past information on fellow classmates. Each one of you is a part of this evolving story.
We would like to continue to update this Directory. Whether you plan to attend our 50th Reunion or not, would you please go to your May email to access the Directory Information Form, complete it and mail it to Jane Clapp. Instructions are on the form.
Class Photo Gallery
We want you to share your class and reunion event photos. Please email your photos to us and we will create a class Flickr gallery.
Arts&Sci/PHE & Com '64 at our 35th Reunion in 1999
If you would like to make suggestions/edits to the site, please contact