Meeting Place, Campus Crossroads, Cultural Hub
The Queen’s Centre is home to a variety of resources on campus, including a Pharmacy, Grocery Checkout as well as the new Athletics & Recreation Centre (ARC). The Queen's Centre is also host to student club and lounge space, as well as numerous retail food outlets including Pita Pit, Tim Horton's, Teryaki Experience, Booster Juice, Pizza Pizza and Queen's very own Common Ground —a student run coffee house.
It's the place students go to hang out, work out and relax.
Just the Facts
- It's big. 484,376 square feet of dedicated student space.
- It's busy! There are over 5,000 visitors every day to the ARC
- It's green. It uses 29% less energy and 30% less water than a standard building of the same size
- It's relaxing. There's a fireside lounge, and lots of space to hang out with friends.
- It's wet in some places. We're okay with that though. There's a pool and a WET classroom (in case you have classes that need you to be in the pool AND in a classroom).
- It does a body good.24,000 square feet of fitness space, 8 squash courts, 2 raquetball courts, 4 dance studios, 2 practice gyms, 2 combative rooms and 1 big pool all mean you'll have a place to take your body to unwind.
- It's the place to see the big game. There isn't a bad seat in the Main Gym, with seating for 2,000 spectators.