Meeting Place, Campus Crossroads, Cultural Hub
The Queen’s Centre is home to the new Athletics & Recreation Centre (ARC) in addition to student club and lounge space, a food court and Queen's very own Common Ground —a student run coffee house.
It's the place students go to hang out, work out and relax.
Just the Facts
- It's big. 484,376 square feet of dedicated student space.
- It's busy! There are over 5,000 visitors every day to the ARC
- It's green. It uses 29%less energy and 30% less water than a standard building of the same size
- It's relaxing. There's a fireside lounge, and lots of space to hang out with friends.
- It's wet in some places. We're okay with that though. There's a pool and a WETclassroom (in case you have classes that need you to be in the pool ANDin a classroom).
- It does a body good.24,000 square feet of fitness space, 8squash courts, 2raquetball courts, 4dance studios, 2practice gyms, 2combative rooms and 1big pool all mean you'll have a place to take your body to unwind.
- It's the place to see the big game. There isn't a bad seat in the Main Gym, with seating for 2,000spectators.
Queen’s Centre web site