Please enable javascript to view this page in its intended format.

Queen's University

Upper-Year Students

You are an upper-year student if you are a:

  • Student who has attempted a minimum of 24.0 units (or equivalent) at another accredited university or college with a university transfer program. (24.0 Queen's units are typically 4 full-year courses (one course taken over two terms) or 8 one-term only courses. Upper-year candidates have generally attended university for a minimum of 2 terms taking academic courses.

  • University graduate applying to do a second undergraduate degree program

  • Ontario community college student who is in a three-year diploma program and will be graduating

  • CEGEP student who is in the final year of a three-year professional/career program who will be receiving a DEC

  • Graduate from a three-year professional/career CEGEP program  or three-year Ontario community college diploma


  • ENGINEERING:  need to have completed at the university level at least 6 of the 11 courses common to Queen's first-year Engineering (basically two semesters of each of Calculus, Chemistry and Physics)
  • NURSING:  entry into the 4-year Nursing program is possible only into first-year

Kingston, Ontario, Canada. K7L 3N6. 613.533.2000