Program Requirements - Commerce (QC)
Please note: applicants must satisfy both the
General Admission requirements
and the Program
in order to be considered for admission.
- English 4U, Calculus and Vectors 4U, one additional 4U course in Mathematics with minimum English and Mathematics grades of 80%. No more than two 4M courses may be used from any discipline (Arts, Business Studies, Canadian and World Studies, Languages, Math and Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities, Health and Physical Education, or Technological Education).
British Columbia / Yukon
- English 12, Calculus 12* or Mathematics 12*: with minimum grades of 80%. Two Grade 12 courses, each chosen from a different category (Social Sciences, Humanities, Languages, or Physical Sciences**) and not including a second English.
* Acceptable academic courses for Mathematics 12 are: Pre-Calculus 12, Principles of Mathematics 12 or IB Mathematics 12A. Acceptable courses for Calculus are: Calculus 12, AP Calculus, AP Calculus AB 12, AP Calculus BC 12.
Alberta / NWT
- English 30-1, Mathematics 30-1, Mathematics 31 with minimum grades of 80%; plus two additional academic 30 or 31 level courses.
Please Note: Pure Mathematics 30 can be used in place of Mathematics 30-1
- English 30A and 30B, Calculus 30 or Pre-Calculus 30 with minimum grades of 80%; plus three additional academic 30 level courses.
Please Note: Mathematics 30B can be used in place of Pre-Calculus
- English 40S, Pre-Calculus 40S with minimum grades of 80%; plus three additional academic 40S level courses.
- English - two courses, two of Mathematics NYA/103, NYB/203, NYC/105 (Calculus I, Calculus II, Linear Algebra) with minimum marks of 80%.
- English 122, Calculus 120 or Mathematics 12* with minimum grades of 80%, plus three additional academic Grade 12 courses. *Acceptable academic courses for Math 12 are: Advanced Math with Calculus 120 or both Pre-Calculus 12A and Pre-Calculus12B
- English 12, Pre-Calculus Mathematics 12, with minimum grades of 80%, plus three additional academic Grade 12 courses.
- English 621, Mathematics 611, with minimum grades of 80%, plus three additional academic Grade 12 courses.
- English - any level 3, Mathematics 3207 with minimum grades of 80%, plus four additional academic Grade 12 courses.
- HL or SL Mathematics and English. Minimum English and Mathematics anticipated final score of 5 (predicted / final). Further Mathematics and Mathematical Studies are not acceptable prerequisites for this program.
- Baccalaureat S or L or ES with Mathematics Specialty: Minimum language (Francais or anglais) and Mathematics grades of 12.
Canadian College Diploma Program
- Calculus and Vectors 4U plus one additional 4U Mathematics or Calculus and Vectors 4U plus at least two diploma semester credits in Mathematics with minimum grades of 80%.
American School System / Advanced Placement (AP)
- Grade 12 English (two terms) four full-year courses in Mathematics. AP Calculus is recommended. Minimum English and Mathematics grades of 80% or equivalent.
General Certificate of Education (GCE British-Patterned Curricula)
- Mathematics at the Advanced Level. English at the Ordinary Level. Minimum Mathematics predicted / final grade of A and minimum English predicted / final grade of A.
- English and Mathematics at the Standard XII Level with minimum grades of 80%.
- Senior III Level Mathematics. Minimum Mathematics grade of 80%.
Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examinations (CAPE)
- Communication Studies and unit two Mathematics. Minimum Mathematics grades of 1.0 (A) and a minimum grade of 2.0 (B) in Communication Studies.
International School Systems
- English and Mathematics in final secondary school year, with minimum grades of 80% or equivalent.
- Please note that English is a required prerequisite for all programs only if it is an official language of the country.