Program Requirements - Engineering (QE)
Please note: applicants must satisfy both the
General Admission requirements
and the Program
in order to be considered for admission.
**For a description of disciplines visit queensu.ca/admission
***Engineering admission average is calculated using only the prerequisite subjects.
- English 4U, Calculus and Vectors 4U, Chemistry 4U, Physics 4U, plus one of: Advanced Functions 4U, Biology 4U, Data Management 4U, Computer Science 4U, Earth and Space Science 4U. Final grade in English 4U must be a minimum of 70%.
British Columbia / Yukon
- English 12, Calculus 12* or Mathematics 12*, Physics 12 and Chemistry 12. Final grade in English 12 must be 70%. *Acceptable academic courses for Math 12 are: Pre-Calculus 12, Principles of Math 12 or IB Math 12A. *Acceptable courses for Calculus are: Calculus 12, AP Calculus, AP Calculus AB 12, AP Calculus BC 12.
Alberta / NWT
- English 30-1, Chemistry 30, Physics 30, Mathematics 30-1, Mathematics 31. Final grade in English 30 must be a minimum of 70%.
Please Note: Pure Mathematics 30 can be used in place of Mathematics 30-1
- English 30A and 30B, Calculus 30 (if available), Chemistry 30, Pre-Calculus 30, Physics 30. Final grade in English 30A or 30B must be 70%.
Please Note: Mathematics 30B can be used in place of Pre-Calculus 30
- English 40S, Chemistry 40S, Pre-Calculus 40S, Physics 40S. Final grade in English 40S must be 70%.
- English - two courses; Chemistry NYA, NYB; two of Mathematics NYA, NYB, NYC; two of Physics NYA, NYB, NYC. Final grade in English must be 70%.
- English 122, Calculus 120 or Advanced Mathematics 120, Chemistry 122, Physics 122. Final grade in English 122 must be 70%.
- English 12, Chemistry 12, Pre-Calculus Mathematics 12, Physics 12. Final grade in English 12 must be 70%.
- English 621, Calculus (if available), Chemistry 621, Mathematics 611, Physics 621. Final grade in English 621 must be 70%.
- English - any level 3, Chemistry 3202, Mathematics 3207, Physics 3204. Final grade in English must be 70%.
- HL or SL Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and English. Minimum English final score of 4. Further Mathematics and Mathematical Studies are not acceptable prerequisites for this program.
Canadian College Diploma Program
- Calculus and Vectors 4U, Chemistry 4U, Physics 4U, plus one of: Advanced Functions 4U, Biology 4U, Data Management 4U, Computer Science 4U, or Earth and Space Science 4U (or equivalent). Graduates of Technology programs are considered for first year. Exemptions for upper-year courses may be granted after the completion of the common first year and an engineering discipline has been chosen.
American School System / Advanced Placement (AP)
- Grade 12 English (two terms), four full-year courses in Mathematics, one (preferably two) full-year courses in each of Chemistry and Physics. Minimum English final grade of 70% or equivalent.
General Certificate of Education (GCE British-Patterned Curricula)
- Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics at the Advanced Level. English, Chemistry and Physics at the Ordinary Level. Minimum English final grade of C.
- English, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics at the Standard XII Level. Minimum English final grade of 70%.
- Senior III Level Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics.
Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examinations (CAPE)
- Communication Studies, Math, Chemistry, Physics. Minimum Communication Studies final grade of II or B.
International School Systems
- English, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics in the final secondary school year. Minimum final English* grade of 70% or equivalent.
- Please note that English is a required prerequisite for all programs only if it is an official language of the country.