Please enable javascript to view this page in its intended format.

Queen's University

International Students

International students under the age of 18 may be asked by Immigration Canada to find a Canadian citizen to act as a guardian. Queen's University cannot take responsibility for guardianship, therefore it is up to the student's family to satisfy this requirement.

Can I start my studies in January?
Queen's University operates on an academic year rather than a semester system, meaning that it is not possible to begin full-time studies in January. Therefore, full-time admission begins in September and ends in April.

Queen's University International Centre Information
The Queen's University International Centre (QUIC) offers information and support to all of our incoming international students (and to those Canadian students who are interested in an international experience). Have a question about visas? Not sure how to set up a bank account? Where to go for medical assistance? What clothing you will need for the winter? Or maybe, you just have questions about how to get involved? QUIC can help! Their website ( offers advice about all of the above, as well as information about the University Health Insurance Plan (UHIP), transportation to Kingston, accommodations, and visas / study permits. Their offices have lots of lounges, meeting spaces, and friendly faces if you'd like to ask some questions or feel at home. Also, watch for great social events like skating in the park, a trip to a maple sugar bush, and trips to cities and events in the surrounding area.

Scholarships for International Students
Please visit The International and US Students webpage on the Student Awards website

Official Documentation
Click here for further information on what we mean by "official documentation". Information on document submission deadlines and how to submit your documents can be found here .

How do I know which documents I need to submit?
Checking the To Do List on your online SOLUS Student Center (accessed from MyQueen's ) regularly will ensure that you are aware of the documents you need to submit to complete your application. Be sure to check often as our Admission Coordinators may add to your To Do List as they assess your application.

How do you match my documents to my application?
Documents are matched on the basis of surname, given name(s), date of birth and Student ID (you should provide this on any correspondence you have with the university). It is crucial that the names on your documents correspond (in name order, spelling, etc.) to the names on your application, or it may be impossible to match your documents.

How can I make changes to my application?
Provided the deadlines have not passed, you may make changes to your program choice or personal information (including your address) through the OUAC website .

When will you make offers of admission?
Decisions are made on an ongoing basis. This process may take up to three weeks from the receipt of all necessary documents. All applicants will be notified of the decision in writing, and applicants can view the status of their application on their online SOLUS Student center

How do I know if I am an international student?
For the purpose of fees, scholarships, or bursaries, you are an international student if you do not have Canadian citizenship or Permanent Resident status.

How do I obtain a visa or study permit?
For information about visas, study permits, and more, please visit the website for the Queen's University International Centre (QUIC) at

How do I pay my fees?
For more information about how to pay your fees (including how to pay if you are not living in Canada), please see the "Guide to Registration and Fees" 

For more information about bank accounts, financial information, and more, please visit the Queen's University International Centre (QUIC) website.

How do I acquire a health plan?
For more information about the University Health Insurance Plan (UHIP), please visit the Queen's University International Centre (QUIC) website.

Please note that all international students and their dependants must have UHIP.

Kingston, Ontario, Canada. K7L 3N6. 613.533.2000