Computing - IT Administrative Representative
A departmental ITAdmin Rep (Computing) is a liaison and communications conduit between their department and ITServices. The ITAdmin Rep can request services, changes, and support on behalf of the department. A ITAdmin Rep is designated by their Department Head and cannot be a student.
Every department can have a ITAdmin Rep (Computing),and some large departments have several.
The process to become a new ITAdmin Rep (Computing), or change a current ITAdmin Rep (Computing) requires the following items to be completed:
- Download the Application form.
- ITAdmin Rep (Computing) candidate completes the form.
- Obtain the Department Head's signature on the acknowledgement form.
- The completed questionnaire and signed acknowledgement form is submitted to ITS Main Office (Dupuis Hall G13).
- receive early notice from ITServices regarding new services, service changes, and service interruptions
- are authorized by their department head to request computer accounts and services for their department
- keep people in their department informed of IT developments
- collaborate and share best practices with other ITAdmin Reps
- The ITAdmin Rep is the first contact point from ITS to the department, and from the department to ITS.
- ITS distributes information technology-related policy, standards, news, alerts, and updates to the ITAdmin Reps.
- Most information delivered to the ITAdmin Rep is forwarded on to other members within the department (ie. faculty, staff, students, or all three groups).
- The ITAdmin Rep is the contact for Faculty and Staff password issues.
- Passwords are not provided on the telephone to account holders.
- ITAdmin Reps can email G13-L@lists.queensu.ca to request password resets.
E-mail Account Creation:
- New personal, departmental and academic course computing accounts must be requested through the ITAdmin Rep (Computing).
Account Requests for Corporate Time Calendaring & Scheduling:
- The ITAdmin Rep (Computing) is the liaison between ITS and their department for Oracle Calendar account creation and training.
Departmental Telephone and E-mail Directory Updates:
- The ITAdmin Rep (Computing) is responsible for updating entries in the Queen's telephone and e-mail directories for people in their department.
Help & Support