Resources for Parents and Guardians of Students
These pages are designed to provide you, Queen's parents and guardians, with information and resources to empower your student to succeed, both academically and personally, at Queen's.
- March 2: Registration for summer term begins
- March 7: Deadline to apply for accommodation for an exam conflict
- March 8: Daylight Saving starts
- March 14: Last date to apply for summer term at BISC
- March 29: Quiet Hours begin in residences
- April 2: Winter Term classes end
- April 4-8: Pre-exam study period
- April 9-25: Exam period
- April 27: Residences close at noon; please note that students must move out within 24 hours of last exam.
- April 30: Deadline for Applications to Graduate in SOLUS for Spring 2015
- April 30: Last day to apply for admission to Distance Studies for summer term
Fees and deadlines:
Detailed information can be found in the 2014-2015 Guide to Registration and Fees.
You Might be Thinking About...
- First-year students with a GPA of 1.6 or below will receive an email inviting them to join our Bounce Back program that aims to help them get back on track.
- Academics Learning Strategies offers advising, resources and workshops for all students.
- Spring 2015 Convocation will take place May 21 to June 11 (see schedule). Deadlines for reserving Convocation guest tickets are May 12 to 18. Please consult our information page for dates specific to each Faculty/School
- Doing your taxes Visit the Registrar's website for more information on tuition, education and tax credits.
- Student employment Search for Jobs in Res / Career Services
- Student housing The Student Community Relations Office is the place for good advice as your student looks for next year's home. Student housing is abundant in Kingston so there is no need to settle for poor quality or extravagant prices.
- Residence Life Learn more about moving your student out of residence and sign up for Campus Connection, a monthly publication keeping parents informed on what is happening in Residences at Queen’s.
- Your student traveling to and from Kingston Learn more about the Tricolour Express
- Student health Learn more about the Athletics and Recreation Centre
- Student safety See all Student Safety resources and our Safety and Security / Emergency Service Listings
- Undergraduate Admission
- Office of the University Registrar: fees, schedules, sessional dates
- Office of the University Registrar: Parent FAQs
- Incoming Students - Next Steps
- Academic Calendars: course descriptions, regulations, key dates
- Financial assistance/student awards
- Income tax forms
- Health and dental insurance
- Submit your Family Contact Form
- Subscribe to Campus Connection: Residences parent newsletter
- Residences: sub-site for parents
- About meal plans: for students living both on and off campus
- Community Housing Office
- Student-Community Relations: (formerly "Town Gown") bringing students and community together, providing guidance and fostering a spirit of community
- Students in Crisis Service Listing
- Safety and Security / Emergency Service Listing
- Student Health 101: The "Parent Perspective" is published monthly by Health, Counselling and Disability Services.
- Be Well: Healthy Lifestyle Choices for Queen's Students
- Counselling Services
- Disability Services
- Health Services
- Queen's Learning Commons
- QSuccess: A first-year experience program
- Learning Strategies Development: learning and study skills support
- Information on student development for parents and guardians
- Adaptive Technology Centre
- Academic Integrity
- Student Academic Success Services
- Writing Centre
- Accessibility Hub
- Bounce Back for Arts & Science Students
- The Parent's Guide to Queen's Engineering (PDF 3.2 MB)
(available from the Engineering and Applied Science Prospective Student site)
- Queen's University International Centre
- Information on: Arriving in Canada, Living in Kingston, Canadian Taxes, Health Insurance, English Language Support and more.
- Financial Aid for International Students
- Guardianship and Official Documents
- Bader International Study Centre (Herstmonceux)
- Writing Centre for International Students
- Incoming International and Outgoing Exchange information
- NEWTS Orientation (for incoming exchange, international, castle, and transfer students)