Resources for Parents and Guardians of Students
These pages are designed to provide you, Queen’s parents and guardians, with information and resources to empower your student to succeed, both academically and personally, at Queen’s.
- May 1: Summer term begins
- May 5: Summer Term classes (May-June and May-July Sessions) begin
- May 15: Last date to apply for admission to the Upper-Year Program at the Bader International Study Centre (BISC) for Summer Term (Field Schools).
- May 19: Victoria Day (university is closed)
- May 22-June 13: Spring Convocation
- May 30: Last day to drop Summer Term classes (May-June Session)
You Might be Thinking About...
- Planning travel for the end of term Students must leave residence immediately after their last exam, not at the end of the month.
- Sending your student a package Please do not mail anything to Residence after April 1.
- Doing your taxes Visit the Registrar's website for more information on tuition, education and tax credits.
- Sessional dates Find dates specific to faculties/schools
- Academics Counselling and study skills workshops are available
- Student health Learn more about the Athletics and Recreation Centre
- Food on campus and meal plans
- Student housing Are you looking to rent or need more information on applying to residence?
- Student employment Search for Jobs in Res / Career Services
- Undergraduate Admission
- Office of the University Registrar: fees, schedules, sessional dates
- Office of the University Registrar: Parent FAQs
- Incoming Students - Next Steps
- Academic Calendars: course descriptions, regulations, key dates
- Financial assistance/student awards
- Income tax forms
- Health and dental insurance
- Submit your Family Contact Form
Health and Wellness
- Students in Crisis Service Listing
- Safety and Security / Emergency Service Listing
- Student Health 101: The "Parent Perspective" is published monthly by Health, Counselling and Disability Services.
- Be Well: Healthy Lifestyle Choices for Queen's Students
- Counselling Services
- Disability Services
- Health Services
- Queen's Learning Commons
- QSuccess: A first-year experience program
- Learning Strategies Development: learning and study skills support
- Information on student development for parents and guardians
- Adaptive Technology Centre
- Academic Integrity
- Student Academic Success Services
- Writing Centre
- Accessibility Hub
- Bounce Back for Arts & Science Students
The Parent's Guide to Queen's Engineering (PDF 3.2 MB)
(available from the Engineering and Applied Science Prospective Student site)
Resources and Services
Parents of First-Year Students
Parents of International Students
Queen's University International Centre
- Information on: Arriving in Canada, Living in Kingston, Canadian Taxes, Health Insurance, English Language Support and more.
- Financial Aid for International Students
- Guardianship and Official Documents
- Bader International Study Centre (Herstmonceux)
- Writing Centre for International Students
- Incoming International and Outgoing Exchange information