Visitors Representing Foreign Institutions
The Office of the Vice-Provost (International) coordinates the following types of visits to Queen’s University:
- international government officials and diplomatic personnel
- institutions with formal agreements or a long-standing relationship with Queen’s
- institutions seeking formal agreements with Queen’s, who have interests or objectives that range across several academic disciplines
Visitors seeking contact with a single faculty or academic department should contact the appropriate Queen's unit or department.
In order to help us determine if we are able to host your visit, please complete the International Visit Request Form (fillable PDF format, 150.9 KB) and return it to the International Office (details on form).
Academic Visitors to a Faculty or Academic Department
Queen's University welcomes academic visitors to join our diverse environment of learning, inquiry, and discovery. We appreciate the varied experiences and perspectives academic visitors bring to our campus. International visits provide valuable opportunities for the exchange of ideas and research, creating international research linkages and collaborations.
International faculty members seeking to visit specific departments and/or faculty members should contact the appropriate Queen's unit or department.
- Resources for international academic visitors and their hosts: Templates for invitation letters, immigration information, health insurance requirements, and detailed information on preparing for a stay in Kingston.
- Principal's Development Fund: Supports both Queen's and international scholars through several major funds