Globalism On Campus
Immerse yourself in international cultures without leaving Kingston!
There are many ways to gain a global perspective at Queen's University. You can enhance your international understanding and improve your cross-cultural competence right here on campus.
Academic and Development Activities
Certificate in International Studies
The International Programs Office, in cooperation with the language departments and the Faculty of Arts and Science, offers a study option leading to a Certificate in International Studies.
This option is available to all Queen’s University undergraduate students regardless of their degree concentration, and is intended for those who wish to enhance their undergraduate degree with a formal international program of study.
The International Studies Certificate combines language acquisition with cultural and interdisciplinary learning, and includes a study abroad experience.
Learn more about the International Studies Certificate...
- Enrol in language, cultural, and development studies courses (see sidebar)
- Develop an awareness and appreciation of the Aboriginal experience in Canada by spending time at the Four Directions Aboriginal Student Centre
- Participate in the many intercultural workshops offered by the International Centre (QUIC)
- Attend events hosted by Studies in National and International Development (SNID)
- Talk to your department or faculty office about other international programming opportunities, including programs designed to assist/mentor international students
- Ask an international student to be part of your study group
Get Involved: Clubs Committees and Volunteering
- Queen's Project on International Development (QPID)
- Queen's Health Outreach (QHO)
- Queen's International Affairs Association (QIAA)
- Queen's Helping Haiti
- AIESEC Queen's
- Engineers Without Borders
- Foundation for International Medical Relied of Children - Queen's Chapter
- Queen's Free the Children
- Friends of MSF: Queen's
- Queen's Global Village
- Queen's Plan Canada
- World University Services
- World Languages Club | Other cultural clubs
- International, Castle and Exchange Student Committee
- International Student Standing Committee
- Word Link Program and English Language Support Program (QUIC)
- International Education Week
- International Development Week
Help create a welcoming and inclusive community:
- Invite an international student to become a housemate through the International Housing Office
- Host a newly-arrived international student while they search for housing
- Live with a student who has just returned from a study-abroad experience
- Become a Conversation Volunteer at Queen's School of English
- Be an Exchange Buddy (Arts and Science Undergraduate Students)
- Become a community volunteer through Immigrant Services, Kingston and Area (ISKA