Queen's students gain valuable experience and skills through competitions, team challenges, and at conferences - both Queen's- and student-run. They also showcase their talents and research by participating in many inter-collegiate, provincial, national, and international competitions.
Explore some of the different showcase opportunities available at Queen's...
General Academic Showcases
Inquiry@Queen's Undergraduate Research Conference: A celebration of inquiry-based learning that showcases research projects from Queen's undergraduates.
Three Minute Thesis (3MT™): A university-wide competition for Queen’s Masters (thesis only) and doctoral students in which participants present their research and its wider impact in three minutes or less to a panel of non-specialist judges.
Queen's Model Court: The premier law event on campus for undergraduate students. Spanning three days, the event includes four mock trials with unique focuses - one criminal, one corporate, one environmental, as well as a Non-Academic Discipline hearing facilitated by the Commission of Internal Affairs, which explores the judicial arm of the AMS.
Queen's Model Parliament: An interactive political conference that is held every January in the House of Commons in Ottawa.
Queen's Model United Nations: Canada's premier mid-sized Model UN conference. It aims to bring together students from across the province that share a strong interest in international affairs and a passion for learning.
Program-specific Academic Showcases
IEEE Student Project Competition: Open to all engineering and computer science undergraduate students to present the results of their design or research projects.
Engineering Competition: Pits engineering students against each other in a day-long competition for the right to represent Queen's at the Ontario Engineering Competition.
Electrical and Computer Engineering Competition
Student design teams: Offer students at all levels a chance to apply their budding academic and practical knowledge to a variety of challenging real-world projects.
- Automated Poker Team
- Baja SAE Design Team
- Biofuels Engineering Design Team (QBED)
- Bridge Building Team
- Concrete Canoe Team
- Concrete Toboggan Team
- Formula SAE Team
- Fuel Cell Team (QFCT)
- Genetically Engineered Machine (QGEM)
- Living Energy Lab (LEL)
- Mostly Autonomous Sailboat Team (MAST)
- SAE AeroDesignTeam
- Solar Design Team (QSDT)
- Space Engineering Team (QSET)
- Advancing Canadian Entrepreneurship (QACE)
- Business Forum on the Fashion Industry (Q'BFFI)
- Conference on the Business Environment Today (Q'BET)
- Women in Leadership Conference (QWIL)
- Finance Association Conference (QFAC)
- DECA Queen's Invitational
- Inter-Collegiate Business Competition (ICBC)
- Commerce Corporate Challenge (Q3C)
- Marketing Association Conference (QMAC)
- Conference on International Business (QCIB)
- Entrepreneur's Competition (QEC)
- Sports Industry Conference (QSIC)
- Commerce and Engineering Environmental Conference (CEEC)
- Case Competition (QCC)